Bailey needs a home
His name now is Bailey. He was Dufer, but we felt that he needed a new name:) (at least Natalie thought so)
Bailey is about 3 years old. Male, desexed, and he's been vaccinated.
He is a Lab mixed with a Shar Pei
History: Bailey comes from a retired couple who no longer had time to care for him. We had rehomed him around 2months ago but due to the earthquake, he now needs another new home.
Price: $100 or $150(includes 4 weeks of group dog training)
These are some of the traits that he comes with....
* He keeps all paws on the ground, meaning he does not jump up on people when first introduced.
* he plays nicely with all of the dogs he has met... and since we've had him, he's played with many dogs.
* understands play, and does play bows to solicit playing from the other dogs
* very gentle nature
* quiet and patient in vehicles
* able to be around dogs, large and small.
* he needs to learn some English, but very smart, and learn quickly.
* likes to sleep on the couch, which we don't have a problem with as he gets down when asked.
* stays near his humans. He has stayed in our backyard- no fence jumping
* he comes to his name 70% of the time. He needs to be reinforced with food treats, but once learned, he will come reliably.
* waits patiently for his food, but will nudge you for yours. Easily fixed!
* able to put your hand near his food bowl
* walks well on lead
* he is NOT a guard dog. I don't think I've heard him bark.
* has been around children, and plays well with them.